By Allan Hazlett
• historic skepticism
• skeptical arguments within the paintings of Hume and Descartes
• Cartesian skepticism in modern epistemology
• anti-skeptical innovations, together with Mooreanism, nonclosure, and contextualism
• extra kinds of skepticism
• the sensible outcomes of Cartesian skepticism
Presenting a finished survey of the major difficulties, arguments, and theories, including extra readings, A severe advent to Skepticism is a perfect advisor for college kids and students trying to know the way skepticism is shaping epistemology today.
Read or Download A Critical Introduction to Skepticism (Bloomsbury Critical Introductions to Contemporary Epistemology) PDF
Similar epistemology books
Timothy Williamson's 2000 e-book wisdom and Its Limits is likely to be crucial paintings of philosophy of the last decade. Eighteen major philosophers have now joined forces to offer a serious overview of rules and arguments during this paintings, and the influence it has had on modern philosophy. They talk about epistemological matters bearing on facts, defeasibility, skepticism, testimony, statement, and conception, and debate Williamson's principal declare that wisdom is a psychological country.
David Chalmers develops an image of truth on which all truths might be derived from a restricted classification of easy truths. the image is galvanized via Rudolf Carnap's development of the area in Der Logische Aufbau Der Welt. Carnap's Aufbau is frequently visible as a noble failure, yet Chalmers argues model of the venture can be successful.
First released in 1977. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
This number of essays via eminent thinker Fred Dretske brings jointly paintings at the idea of information and philosophy of brain spanning thirty years. the 2 components mix to put the basis for a naturalistic philosophy of brain. The fifteen essays specialize in conception, wisdom, and realization.
- Seeing Dark Things: The Philosophy of Shadows
- An Introduction to Design Arguments (Cambridge Introductions to Philosophy)
- The Anatomy of Knowledge: Papers Presented to the Study Group on Foundations of Cultural Unity, Bowdoin College, 1965 and 1966: Volume 7 (Routledge Library Editions: Epistemology)
- The Apologetic Value of Human Holiness: Von Balthasar’s Christocentric Philosophical Anthropology (Studies in Philosophy and Religion)
Extra info for A Critical Introduction to Skepticism (Bloomsbury Critical Introductions to Contemporary Epistemology)
A Critical Introduction to Skepticism (Bloomsbury Critical Introductions to Contemporary Epistemology) by Allan Hazlett