By George A. Olah,Thomas Mathew
- Chronicles the prestigious profession of a chemist whose paintings in a vast diversity of chemistry parts, and so much particularly that during methane chemistry, resulted in applied sciences that effect the processing and software of different fuels
- Is according to Olah's paintings on super robust superacids and the way they yielded the typical time period, "magic acids"
- Details occasions because the e-book of the 1st variation in 2000
- Inspires readers with info on Dr. Olah's profitable contemporary examine on methanol, meant to assist offer an answer to "the oil problem"
Read Online or Download A Life of Magic Chemistry: Autobiographical Reflections Including Post-Nobel Prize Years and the Methanol Economy PDF
Similar chemical & biochemical engineering books
This multidisciplinary booklet covers all elements of oxygen supply to tissue, together with blood move and its law in addition to oxygen metabolism as mentioned on the thirty third Annual assembly of the foreign Society on Oxygen shipping to Tissue (ISOTT) held in Australia in 2005. specified cognizance is paid to equipment of oxygen size in dwelling tissue and the applying of those applied sciences to realizing the physiological and biochemical foundation for pathology regarding tissue oxygenation.
The 75th Glass challenge convention is prepared in keeping with the subsequent subject matters: Glass Melting, Forming, Energy and Environmental, Refractories, Sensors and regulate, Modeling
The publication focusses at the fresh technical examine accomplishments within the sector of polyethylene-based blends, composites and nanocomposites through taking a look at a number of the features of processing, morphology, houses and functions. particularly, the e-book information the real advancements in parts resembling the structure-properties dating of polyethylene; amendment of polyethylene with radiation and ion implantation methods; stabilization of irradiated polyethylene through the creation of antioxidants; reinforcement of polyethylene via carbon-based fabrics as ingredients; characterization of carbon-based polyethylenes composites, polyethylene-based blends with thermoplastic and thermoset; characterization of polyethylene-based thermoplastic and thermoset blends; polyethylene-based blends with usual rubber and artificial rubber; characterization of polyethylene-based average rubber and artificial rubber blends; characterization of polyethylene-based composites.
Because the shale revolution keeps in North the US, unconventional source markets are rising on each continent. within the subsequent 8 to 10 years, greater than 100,000 wells and one- to two-million hydraulic fracturing levels should be finished, leading to just about a thousand billion money in spending.
- Theoretical and Applied Rheology: Proceedings of the XIth International Congress on Rheology, Brussels, Belgium, August 17-21, 1992 (International Congress on Rheology//Proceedings)
- Hybrid Membrane Systems for Water Purification: Technology, Systems Design and Operations
- Multiple Choice Questions on Oil, Gas, and Petrochemicals
- Additives for Plastics: New Developments: v. 2
Extra info for A Life of Magic Chemistry: Autobiographical Reflections Including Post-Nobel Prize Years and the Methanol Economy
A Life of Magic Chemistry: Autobiographical Reflections Including Post-Nobel Prize Years and the Methanol Economy by George A. Olah,Thomas Mathew